This past spring break, I had the opportunity to visit Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and ‘beach it’ for about a week. (as if it wasn’t already obvious when scrolling through my insta feed). Not only was this my first time traveling outside the country, but this trip was especially memorable because I got to spend it with my closest friends.
After a four hour flight out of Rockford, Illinois, we arrived to our resort– Iberostar Punta Cana. Being my first time at an all inclusive, I was highly impressed with the immediate service we received. Besides relaxing on the beach everyday, the 24/7 service, buffet, and open bar was probably the hardest thing to get used to when I got home. Not being able to get ‘free’ meals and drinks was definitely a weird feeling.
Aside from counting down the days until we left, I had to check many items off my ‘to-do list’ before take off, as well as buy the necessities (okay, maybe some aren’t that necessary…)
- Order passport
- Beach Tapestries// blue and white square | burgundy mandala
- Sunscreen/Tanning Oil/ Aloe Vera
- Traveling toiletries → shampoo/conditioner/toothpaste/etc.
- Waterproof phone case/pouch
- Hit up Forever 21
By the end of our trip our days did seem to be repetitive, and looking back it’s hard to keep each day straight, but I didn’t care because I was in walking distance to the ocean.
- 9 am: Rise and Shine// some decided to work out a lil earlier, but I didn’t get around to that because vacation…duh
- 9:30 am: Breakfast
- 10 am: Beach
- 12 pm: Lunch
- 3 pm: Second lunch// because why not?
- 4 pm: Zumba on the beach, pool, other activities
- 5 pm: Shower/Relax
- 6 pm: Get ready for dinner// the steakhouse was my favorite
- 7-8 pm: Dinner Reservation
- 9pm: Cocktail hour/Casino
- 11pm: Discoteca// I’ve never missed a place so much
- 1 am: Beach
- 2 am: Bedtime
There is no doubt that the week was full of eventful memories. It was nearly impossible to be bored vacaying with 44 people you know. Some of the highlights include swimming with sharks/stingray, getting kissed by a seal, boat excursion, snorkeling, getting down at the discoteca, and simply having my toes in the sand.
Not only am I grateful for being able to see the ocean once again, but my senior year wouldn’t have been the same without these memories that I share with my friends. I look forward to spending the summer with them and hopefully traveling again soon!
Items pictured/brought with me: Wrap-front Maxi Dress// Off-the-shoulder pinstripe (similar)// Tribal print one piece// Gray wrap bikini// Banana leaf bikini// Black one piece// Blue sunglasses// Pink Sunglasses// Silver round sunglasses// Black-gold cateye sunglasses
Travel Diary Video: Coming soon!